czwartek, 26 maja 2011

can you feel a little love?

it's been over ten years now. depeche mode and me. It all started in april 2001, I saw 101 on mtv and got totally carried away. especially when i heard he crowd singing 'everything counts'.
it was a foundation to my concert attitude. i always cry when i hear people sing like that. aww.. ;]

anyway. i was sinking into depeche mode world. day after day i was getting deeper and deeper into martin, dave and fletch. never really loved alan. but of course i'm glad that he was in this band and did what he did. loved the world of depeche mode. finally i cut myself out from the world, spent whole days with earphones and didn't really give a fuck about the world outside.
i was given three cds by a guy i met on our depeche mode barrel chat - construction time again, sofad and ultra.
than - really don't remmber how i got the money - i bought tix for DM's concert in warsaw. it was not going to be my first gig at all, but believe me, what was happening at my home about that gig was HELL. my parents did not want to let me go there. the gig was scheduled for september 2nd, so another months we spent on arguing why i should or shouldn't go there. but as i bought two tickets, it was obvious that i'm taking my sister (older) or she's taking me - depends if we look from my parents' or my side ;) i was crazy about this band. i was SO crazy. i remember wearing only black clothes, heavy boots, recording EVERYTHING that was in the tv (and the promotion of 'exciter' and warsaw's gig started so there was a lot to record). i still have those video tapes, but as everything can be now found on youtube i don't really feel the need to play them. i also was buying everything with depeche mode. posters, papers, bagdes.. everything. and i bought a book.
band's biography written by steve malins. i kept it waiting for vacation, so i was reading it during family holiday on the coast.
i love the sea.
depeche mode + sea = you can't get more. or maybe only dm + sea + a good lover can be any better.
of course i loved the book.

and now.
two days ago i went to empik - book store. while i was getting there i wanted to call my sis to tell her that 10 years ago, in may, about that time, i bought tix for one of the greatest concert of our lives in that particular place.
did not really knew what i wanted to check in the store, so i was just passing and wandering between shelves with tones of books. needed to look at any different books than the ones about media and new media and new new media and any fucking kind of the media. i came up to the music books department and started to glaze without any thoughts in my head. than realized that i was looking on the new edition of that malins' biography, updated with years 2000-2006. holy shit.
suddenly i felt like i was going back in time. i really felt like i had 15 years again. like somebody has written down a part of my life!







sth from the year 2001:



ps. this is the only JUDAS that should ever count:



ps2. if you listen to 'i am you', imagine stars exploding in the sky :)

Brak komentarzy: