piątek, 24 czerwca 2011

I wouldn't want it any other way

The phenomenon of Depeche Mode is that you can understand their lyrics on so many levels. They can be nice and lovley and totally heavy at the same moment.

When I was 15 years old, I obviously couldn't understand Dave or Martin singing about lust that rules your life, or how much you want somebody that you can even listen to lies and pretend the love, or how fucking dangereous you get sometimes and how much you want that other person to let you be so dangereous.

I also love that fetishist side of Martin's lyrics.

It all, somehow, lifts you up and lets you be that dangerous person.
And that is one of arts role in our lives - to let you become someone else for a moment or two.
But what happens when you don't want to come back?

I could carve all of those lyrics on my forehead today...






DANGEREOUS!

It's all far from being light and nice. It's all so... oh I don't know, overpowering.

But let me.

And this is the perfect love song for tonight:



It's all so surreal.

Brak komentarzy: